The Administrative Personnel Processing Office (APPO) has directed you to this web site to get you started on the paperwork necessary for deployment. You will be working with the APPO for submission of your pre-deployment package. All pre-deployment paperwork, to include completed MEDICAL, with the exception of your security clearance verification, will be submitted through the APPO and must be received three weeks prior to reporting to the Fort Bliss CRC. Failure to provide this info in the requested timeline might result in delays to the original deployment date.
A Secret clearance is required for deployment. For current United States Government employees, as soon as selected for deployment you must notify your local Security Manager and ensure he/she verifies your Secret clearance is current. You are also required to update your ENGLINK PDS with your full social security number. If you do not have a security clearance work with your local Security Manager to start the process. If you are not able to obtain a security clearance you will not be reimbursed for any deployment expenses you have incurred.
CONUS Replacement Center (CRC) Prerequisites Requirements
All personnel are required to complete the CRC Prerequisites Requirements before reporting to the CRC. To access this training, click here, for the CRC Training Checklist. You should be able to access each training module by clicking on it. If the above link is not working, try this alternate link. You would then click on "Access the My Training Tab (MT2)." Log in with your AKO username and password or CAC. Then, click on "Deployment Training" in the What's Hot section. At the top of the next screen, click on CONUS Replacement Center (CRC) Prerequisites Requirements and this will take you to most of the training modules. Training modules identified on the Training Checklist not listed in the CRC Prerequisites Requirements are listed below.
Download the CRC Training Checklist and have your EOC verify that the training has been completed and send the completed checklist and training certificates to your APPO Representative. Ensure you take a copy of the checklist or your completed training certificates with you when you report to the CRC. In addition to the CRC Prerequisites Requirements, the following training modules also need to be completed and should be included on the checklist as well:
Army Accident Avoidance Course
All personnel must complete the Army’s on-line Accident Avoidance Course on the JKO website.
Log into JKO: http://jko-jten.mil
Click Course Catalog
In the "Key Word/Title" section, type in "Accident Avoidance"
Click on ENROLL to take the course.
Forward a copy of the completed training certificate to your APPO representative. To take the exam and receive your certificate, click here.
Capacity Development Level I Overview Training
All personnel must complete the Army’s Capacity Development Level I Training. AKO log-in is required.
For TAA Employees Only: Review the briefing and take the test and send in your certificate of completion with your other training certificates to your APPO Representative.
Due to recent Department of State changes in Official Passport processing the time to obtain Official Passports has increased significantly. Deploying personnel must begin Official Passport application within 48 hours assignment notification.
• The typical processing time for Official Passports is two (2) to three (3) business weeks.
• A passport with an expiration date of 6 months or more beyond current tour end date is considered valid for deployment.
• All personnel (civilian and military) deploying to Iraq/Afghanistan must possess a valid U.S. Government Official (Brown).
• All USACE personnel must possess an official passport when reporting to the CRC.
• The MED Passport Agent can answer questions in regard to obtaining the Official Passport, however, you will need to contact a Passport Agent in your local area for the processing of the Official Passport application. The MED Passport Agent can assist in directing you to a Passport Agent in your area. The MED Passport Agent is not authorized to process Tourist Passport applications.
• A Tourist passport can be obtained through your local Post Office or local state/town government.
Please follow these instructions to apply for the Official Passport through the MED Passport Agent:
1. You possess a valid (expires 6+ months after end of tour) Tourist Passport. DO NOT SEND it to MED Passport Agent. Apply for your official passport using an original birth certificate, with raised seal, or another expired (Issued more than 15 years ago) Official or Tourist Passport. The form used will be the DS-11. DS 11 Instructions
2. You do not possess a valid Tourist or Official passport. Apply for the Official Passport through a local Passport Agent first using the DS 11 and an original birth certificate, with raised seal. If you have a passport official or tourist that has expired less than 15 years ago, it can be used to apply for the new official passport using the DS 82. DS 82 Instructions. Apply for the Tourist Passport through your local Post Office or local state/town government.
3. You have a valid (expires 6+ months after end of tour) Official Passport only. Apply for the Tourist Passport through your local Post Office or local state/town government.
Direct passport-related questions to the MED Passport Agent: DLL-CETAM-PASSPORTAGENT@USACE.ARMY.MIL
Eagle Cash Card
The Eagle Cash Card is now mandatory for civilians while they are deployed to Afghanistan, Iraq and Kuwait. The card will replace using cash while you are deployed. Read more. Please complete DD Form 2887 and you will be briefed at the CRC on the use of the card. Also bring a voided check with you to the CRC.
Common Access Cards (CACs)
Although not a requirement, please make every effort to get a new CAC that includes Geneva Convention privileges before you arrive at the CRC. Given the volume of deployees passing through the CRC, waiting until you arrive just slows down the process. Your new CAC can be made for the length of your orders plus 30 days. You must have your orders in hand to have the new CAC made.
Government Travel Card
Provide a current copy of your Government Travel Card Training (Travel Card 101). Note: Your training is good for 3 years from the date your training was taken; if your training will expire while you are deployed. Please refresh your training before you deploy. Instructions. If you do not have a Government Travel Card (GTC) and you wish to apply, contact the MED Citibank Agency Program Coordinator (APC) at 540-665-2357. It takes about two (2) weeks to apply for and receive a GTC. (Non-government employees – your GTC will be sent to MED and you will receive it once you are at the CRC). Please plan accordingly.
Ensure you review the Use of the Government Travel Card instructions prior to using it for deployment purposes. If you have any questions concerning the use of the GTC, contact the MED Citibank APC.
Contact your APPO Representative concerning your travel arrangements.
_______ Log on to ENGLink and update your Personal Data Sheet (PDS) and Record of Emergency Data including your full SSN. https://englink2.usace.army.mil. You will need your U-PASS user ID and Oracle password to login. After logging into ENGLink, click the link to your "Personal Data Sheet". From there, click on "edit" on the page. This will allow you to make changes to your PDS. There is a DD93 under the "Documents" tab on the top. Please fill out and save it to your desktop as a PDF file and then add it to the "Attachments" area on your PDS sheet.
_______ FAMILY READINESS (per regulation ENG 600-1-54 and OPORD 2011-22) Please read the ENG 6037-E Family Readiness instructional page, then complete the Family Readiness Form ENG 6037-E. You will be able to make changes or update your form as your situation changes. You can specify the type of contact the Family Readiness Program may have with your Family. Directions for processing your form are in the instructional page. This must be loaded to your ENGLink Personal Data Sheet no later than the Wednesday before your arrival at the CRC.
_______ Fill out the Direct Deposit Form. This data is primarily for travel reimbursement, but will also be used for regular pay if no other data is provided.
_______ Complete the DD93 Record of Emergency Data. The DD93 lists your next of kin to be notified if you become a casualty. Include a strip map to the address of the next of kin. Provide a copy of the DD93 to APPO and to your home station EOC. Hand-carry a copy to CRC and overseas for your downrange supervisor.
_______ Complete Thrift Savings Plan (TSP-19), if you have a TSP loan.
_______ [Afghanistan Deployees Only] Complete the USACE Clothing Form. The clothing cross-reference sheet will help you determine what sizes to request.
• Please ensure you are measured properly using the clothing cross-reference sheet. Uniforms are sewn in advance and it creates extra work when the sizes are incorrect.
• Before deploying, take a moment to review the Transatlantic Division's Uniform Policy for Deployed Personnel.
_______ All personnel must have a valid and current Army Knowledge On-Line (AKO) account. Please log-on to your AKO account before coming to the UDC to ensure you can access your account and to ensure your common access card (CAC) is registered in AKO. If you don't have an AKO account, one MUST be established before reporting to the CRC. Your APPO Representative will provide instructions on this process.
_______ Complete the System Authorization Access Request Form (Instructions). All deployees must answer the following questions on the form and fill out PART I – Sections 1-12, PART II – Section 13, 26a, 26b and 27 and return the completed form to the APPO. Instructions.
_______ All personnel must complete the DoD Cyber Awareness Challenge Training. Forward a copy of the completed training certificate to your APPO representative. To take the training and receive your certificate, click here.
EMERGENCY ESSENTIAL POSITION AGREEMENTS: Please submit your Emergency Essential Position Agreements to your HR Representatives.
Incomplete medical information or having a certain medical condition is the primary reason an individual will not deploy or is delayed. Individuals are not allowed to deploy with certain medical conditions. Click here for information about disqualifying medical conditions.
*IMPORTANT: It is difficult to list all conditions that would disqualify someone from deploying. If you are found to be medically non-deployable you will not be reimbursed for your medical expenses. If you have one of the conditions identified or believe you may have a medical condition that would prevent you from deploying, you should identify this to your APPO representative before making you medical appointments. You will be reimbursed for your physical and dental exams only if you are deemed medically-deployable. If the MED Physician requires additional tests or corrective medical procedures to determine deployability, the cost of these additions will be paid by the deployee.
* You must be medically cleared by the MED physician before orders will be issued.
* You must deploy with the following medical information:
1) Annotation of blood type and Rh factor, HIV, and DNA.
2) Prescription medications: If you are deploying for one year or more, bring a 180 day supply and be prepared to explain how you will obtain refills. If you are deploying for less than a year bring a 180 supply or an amount sufficient to cover the entire deployment.
3) Special duty qualifications.
4) Annotation of corrective lens prescription.
5) Summary sheet of current and past medical and surgical problems. (DD Form 2807-1)
6) Copy of DD 2795 (Pre-deployment Health Assessment Form).
7) Documentation of dental status class I or II.
8) Immunization record: Must accurately reflect the current status for all immunizations at the time of departure (i.e. last minute immunizations provided on the deployment line must be annotated in the deployment medical record prior to departure. These must be promptly entered into electronic data system to ensure receiving medics in the AOR have access to accurate data for each inbound member).
Since the medical requirement is also the most costly and time consuming, follow the pre-deployment checklist below to ensure all necessary information is sent to the APPO.
_______ DD Form-2808, Report of Medical Exam, completed and signed by your doctor.
_______ DD Form 2807-1, Report of Medical History, completed and signed by your doctor.
_______ DD Form 2795 (fill out electronically). Instructions.
_______ DD Form 2813 DD Form 2813, Report of Dental Exam, completed and signed by your dentist. PLEASE BE SURE YOUR DENTIST SIGNS AND PUTS HIS LICIENCE NUMBER IN BLOCK 9 OF THIS FORM
_______ DD FORM 771 EYEWEAR PERSCRIPTION must be completed and returned to the UDC a minimum of THREE WEEKS before you deploy, so that your protective mask and ballistic glass inserts can be ordered. This form MUST ALSO be included in your deployment packet, even if glasses/contacts are not required. In that case, simply write "glasses not required" on the form. The DD771 is the only form accepted by DoD when ordering prescription eyewear. NO OTHER FORM OF PRESCRIPTION CAN BE ACCEPTED. (You can include your civilian prescription with the DD771.) PRESCRIPTION MUST NOT BE OLDER THAN ONE YEAR.
_______ INITIAL ENTRY Tuberculosis (TB) Risk Assessment Tool
To avoid delays in the ordering process, please ensure all writing is clear and legible.
In order to meet deployment requirements, ALL military and civilian personnel who require corrective eyewear are required to have two sets of prescription glasses prior to deployment.
_______ Copy of the laboratory report with the following tests completed:
• Urinalysis (Routine) Includes testing for color, Sp. Gravity, PH
• Chem 7 (include, as part of the Chem 7, a Hemoglobin A1c if you have diabetes, are glucose intolerant [high blood sugars], or are taking medicine to control blood sugar) * Two consecutive months of under 7.1 are required for deployment for all diabetics.
• LIPID Profile (over 40 years of age)
• G6PD (must have a normal result with taking anti-malaria medication)
• Blood Type/RH
• HIV (within 120 days)
• DNA on File (Not always possible, can be done at the CRC)
_______ Copy of the EKG (if over 40 years of age).
_______ Framingham Coronary Heart Disease Risk Percentage - If over 40 years old, fill out this information to calculate your ten year risk assessment. When completed, print out and send to your APPO Representative.
_______ If on prescription medications, you MUST deploy with at least a 180 day supply.
_______ Complete Audiogram on DD Form 2215.
_______ Visual Acuity. Either doctor’s note or annotated on the DD Form 2808 (Block 61) or on the “Eyes” section of the SF 78 (page 2).
_______ Pregnancy Test (Urine), within 30 days of deployment. Women who have had hysterectomies are exempt.
*There could be certain circumstances, such as previous abnormal tests or family history issues where these time limits could vary. Notify your APPO representative if you have any questions.
_______ ANTHRAX (mandatory for personnel deploying to the USCENTCOM AOR). For additional information on the anthrax vaccine, see http://www.anthrax.osd.mil/.
_______ HEPATITIS A
· Series of 2 injections
· 1st Day 0
· 2nd 0 + 6-12 months
· One series in lifetime, no booster required unless recommended by Health Care Provider.
_______ HEPATITIS B
· Series of 3 injections
· 1st Day 0
· 2nd 0 + 30 days
· 3rd 0 + 6-12 months
· Yearly, between the months of September and May
· For months outside September-May, as recommended by Health Care Provider
_______ MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) (As an adult, once in a lifetime). People born before 1957 do not require a MMR vaccine.
_______ POLIO (oral or IM) (As an adult, once in a lifetime)
_______ TETANUS / DIPHTHERIA (Once every 10 years)
_______ TYPHOID (Every 2 years)
As you can see, there is a lot to do before you deploy to Iraq or Afghanistan. Once you have all items on this checklist accomplished and have been cleared by the MED Physician, orders will be issued. All paperwork should be e-mailed to your APPO Representative or faxed to 540-665-3757/3787.