The Middle East District, part of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, offers a unique learning experience for college students: working in the nation’s largest public engineering firm. We have professional, technical, administrative, and clerical positions, and offer numerous opportunities to gain valuable knowledge and experience through internships.
Students can be a true asset to our mission performance while simultaneously preparing for advancement in a chosen career field.
• Students at colleges in the Winchester area may participate in unpaid internships with the Middle East District.
• The assigned internship will relate to the student’s field of study.
• Internships may be offered in all professional fields at the Middle East District but are currently focused on Contracting, Project Management, Resource Management, and Legal.
• Students will gain on-the-job experience to supplement their classroom instruction and may register for academic credit in accordance with their school’s policy.
• The Middle East District views the unpaid internship program as an important mechanism for introducing college students to federal employment in their areas of study.
How it Works:
• The Middle East District’s Internship Coordinator contacts colleges in the Winchester area to determine interest in participating and to identify students who would like to apply for an unpaid internship.
• The Middle East District provides information about the duties and types of work to be performed.
• College officials report student interest and assist them with submitting required paperwork, including a Volunteer Agreement, academic credit form, and the duration and duty hours of the assignment. Paperwork must be signed by the student, school official, and district representative.
• Budget/Management Analyst
• Contracting Specialist
• Legal Technician
• Program/Project Management Assistant
For general inquiries about unpaid internships, contact our Internship Coordinator, or call for more information: (540) 665-3120.