Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
To assure adherence to applicable design criteria, we perform technical reviews of hangar fire protection system designs. Although our predominant workload is review of Air Force project designs as mandated by Air Force design criteria, we also review Army hangar designs and offer the following services:
• Provide technical assistance to those engineers responsible for the complete design and/or installation of hangar fire protection systems. For example, we assist designers in the interpretation and application of DoD design criteria.
• Act as a liaison with Headquarters, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and the U.S. Air Force to resolve unique or unusual design issues.
• Stay abreast of changes in hangar fire protection practices through our membership on the National Fire Protection Association Technical Committee on Airport Facilities and involvement with on-going fire testing programs with other DoD agencies and branches.
• Apply "lessons learned" to develop and update design criteria (UFCs and ETLs), guide specifications, and standard details for designer use.
• Participate in acceptance testing of fire protection systems and inspection of facilities.
• Assist construction representatives in answering questions and resolving installation and testing issues.
• Maintain working relationships with our partners in private industry (e.g,foam manufacturers).